Saturday, August 11, 2012

Venom Girl

Alright, here's my drawing of the venom girl contest from AAU's mini-drawing challenge.  We had to take one of the photos from the venom photo-shoot that was kicked off of facebook.  It features a female cosplayer that went all out to make a pretty sweet venom costume.  Anyway, here's the steps

STEP 1: SKETCH
I usually just do these in a sketch book with a blue col-erase pencil, then mess it in photoshop to make it look like graphite.  I'm left handed, so I need to use the waxy col-erase pencil or else I'll smear the drawing all over the page- plus, the blue col-erase is easy to get rid of in photoshop.

STEP 2: INK
I inked this directly into the sketchbook using brushes, and some microns for the trickery line work and small details.
STEP 3: PHOTOSHOP
Textures, color, and some special effects and BAM, we're done.

No comments:

Post a Comment